Friday, November 1, 2013

National Novel Writing Month

Here it is!  November 1, 2013 and for the first time ever, I am participating in NaNoWriMo.

What is NaNoWriMo?  It's a writing challenge.  Each participant is given the objective to write 50,000 words within thirty days.  I know, most people ask why in the heck anyone would want to do that if they didn't have to, but you see that's where my kind of people come in.

You know that book that you just couldn't put down?  Or that movie you thought was written so well?  What about that play you saw and thought was so hilarious?  Well, it took a writer to create those moments for you.

50,000 words seems like a lot doesn't it?  It really isn't for me.  This won't be my first attempt at writing a novel, but it will be the first time that a community of writers will be going through the same thing I am, right along with me.

So, what am I going to do?  I'm going to have some fun and write about a guy.  There will be a girl involved, and there will be some banter.  How do I know this?  Because it's what I love writing and a few close confidants love me for it.

As the days pass in November, I'll have my coffee by my side as I type away on the keyboard.  I'll have a notepad and pens tucked away in any purse or bag I carry, just in case inspiration strikes.

If you want more information about the month ahead of me, just follow along.  You can also keep tabs on my progress at my author info page.  If you want to learn more about NaNoWriMo then visit them!

November 1-30  The world needs your novel.


2 comments: