Saturday, November 16, 2013

NaNoWriMo Progress Report - Week Two

Didn't I just post about week one?

This last week went by rather quickly, but I can proudly say that as of this posting, I broke through the halfway mark for NaNoWriMo!  That's right (or is that, write?)! I have passed the 25,000 word mark!



The way the first week went, I thought for sure that there would be no catching up.  Thanks to the encouragement of my writing sprint people at Coffee & a Good Book, my pre-reader, and a friend that wants to see me in print, I've made the first major milestone.

So, now what do I want to do?  Double it up!  I actually want to hit 50,000 by the end of week three.  I know, it's not necessary to have the 50,000 until the end of the month, but I figure that if I can do it early, I may have a full length story to tighten and begin editing by the end of the month.  Then, I will have two books to shop around with.

Honestly, I'm anxious to get back to book one and make sure that it is as clean as it could possibly be.  Alas, I have a goal.  I need to focus, get this second book out of my system, and then go back and see what I can do.  Or write another book.  I do have plot bunnies frantically hopping about.

Oh!  I began using Scrivener, and although I thought myself to be more of a lineal writer, I have to admit that being able to return to certain scenes without actually having to search for them, is an awesome feature.  Having everything easily accessible because it is on a "cork board" and ready for viewing, makes things even better.  I haven't even begun to learn all that the program has to offer, so I do look forward to it.

If you're a writer and are writing for NaNoWriMo, Scrivener is offering a free trial and 50% off when you hit the 50,000 word goal in time! It's a great offer.

No matter what your word count, just keep at it!  You can't succeed unless you try.  Nothing ever gets done, without effort.  Even if you only get a few thousand words by the end of the month, it is a start and you can write beyond November!

Good luck to you!  To all of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment